As a non-profit search and rescue foundation, we are dedicated as a team, working for the common goal of providing emergency assistance, education, and preparedness to the public. If you are a dedicated, hardworking individual with drive, professionalism and able to learn processes quickly this may the position match for you. We are looking for a fun, energetic, and creative individual that will take the G.I. Joe Foundation to the next level! We need an individual that understands and knows all social media platforms, specifically Instagram, Facebook, Pintrest, and Twitter. In addition, someone who can help create a blog for the G.I. Joe Search and Rescue Foundation and help network with events and activities throughout Orange County that our foundation could be a part of.
* Establish and maintain cooperative relationships with representatives of community, consumer, employee, and public interest groups.
* Attend community social events.
* Organize social events and fundraising.
* Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
* Respond to requests for information from the media or designate another appropriate spokesperson or information source.
* Plan and direct development and communication of informational programs to maintain favorable public perceptions of an organization's accomplishments and agenda.
* Confer with production and support personnel to produce or coordinate production of advertisements and promotions.
* Arrange public appearances, lectures, contests, or exhibits for clients to increase product and service awareness.
* Communications, journalism, marketing, media studies or related field of study preferred.
* Minimum of 1 years of experience in media, journalism, communications, or related field preferred.
* Microsoft Office proficiency required.
* Must have exceptional interpersonal, public relations and communication skills.
* Proficient knowledge of all social media